A simple side dish or appetizer that is a great addition to pretty much any meal!
Recipe: Baked Artichoke “Fries”
1 Bag Frozen Artichoke Bottoms
1 Tablespoon Organic Lemon Juice
Large pot of boiling water (about 3 cups)
Crushed Red Pepper
1. Bring water to a full boil then remove from heat.
2. Place artichoke bottoms in water and add lemon juice. Cover pot, and let sit until artichokes are tender.
3. Remove tender artichokes and slice lengthwise to desired thickness (the thinner, the crispier…)
4. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper that has been lightly greased with organic olive oil Spray. Also spray tops of artichokes (or toss with a little EVOO), and season with sea salt, fresh pepper, a lot of garlic powder, and red pepper flakes to taste.
5. Bake at 350 for about 2 hours, but keep checking for desired doneness.
6. Serve alone or with a dipping sauce like salsa. Enjoy!